About the Zebra Collective
Zebra’s core value is equality. This is reflected in all we do, directly in our equalities training & consultancy, but equally in the values that underpin all elements of our work and in every element of our internal working.
From our commitment to equality issues our vision:
A just and sustainable society.
And from our vision issues our mission:
To influence change in public life and personal lives towards our vision of a just and sustainable society, through our work in training, development, facilitation, reflective practice, action research and organisational change work.
The structure of Zebra Collective – an equal pay worker co-operative – was chosen by its founders as a model which reflects our values, vision and mission, and which offers an excellent workplace in which the flat structure, shared ownership and broad-reaching equality maximises worker control over her / his working life.
When you choose to work with Zebra Collective – whether as an individual, an organisation, a collaborator or an employee – you choose an organisation which guarantees that its belief and motivation is that, working together, we can have some impact towards a more just and sustainable society.
Our equality policy is set out in our Sustainable Social Justice Policy. We address social justice and environmental sustainability within one policy because we recognise how interdependent and mutually reinforcing these two imperatives have become.
Zebra Training and Reflective Learning
Zebra workshops are carefully planned to ensure that participants go away with new skills, knowledge or understanding. Our trainers bring practical experience, in-depth knowledge and excellent facilitation skills to create a lively, interactive and varied learning environment.
As equality and participation are core values, you can expect our training to be delivered in a way which actively involves everyone and is accessible and responsive to individual needs.
Our solution-focused approach is reflected in all our training, reflective and facilitative learning work in the sense of:
- designing learning to bring out participants’ best thinking and best efforts and using solution-focused tools and techniques
- reflecting a belief in participants’ competence, resilience, resourcefulness – and drawing on these strengths throughout
- greater emphasis on focusing on the changed wanted and developing a “rich picture” of what change will look like and what difference this will make – instead of lengthy analysis of “what’s wrong”
- noticing and articulating what’s already excellent or good in individuals’, teams’, services’ and the organisation’s work (and noticing what’s improving), and drawing clues from this for further progress
- when it comes to action planning for change, identifying “small steps”, constructed in SMART terms, rather than devising big grand plans: this is based on systemic thinking, and the evidence that small steps tend to actually be carried out, and that once a change has begun this tends to ripple out to further change
The courses listed are some of our most popular ones and all can be customised to meet your needs. In addition, our trainers have experience of a wide variety of topics so if you’re looking for something that’s not there, please ask.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Zebra are able to develop tailor made excellent quality training according to need.”
“Obviously really competent, knew her stuff. Clear presentation style – she didn’t miss anything.”
“Patient, professional framework, humour and respect.”
“Trainers brilliant – very enthusiastic.”
“Your handouts are generally excellent in terms of accessible information criteria.”