Conflict and aggression are frightening and we often try to avoid them – but sometimes they occur in our work or our lives and then we have to face them. This course seeks out ways to do this successfully and safely.
It does not deal with physical violence – except to counsel personal safety – but provides an opportunity to look at ourselves, others and what leads to conflict and aggression as well as how to contain them.
By the end of this one-day workshop you will…
- Have examined your beliefs, attitudes and values about other people and yourself, and understand how these are key to an ability to deal well with conflict and aggression
- Be able to recognise the common causes and signs of conflict and aggression
- Be able to work more safely, and to create an environment in which aggressive behaviour is less likely to occur
- Recognise their own instant response to challenging behaviour and know how to contain this and instead respond in a constructive manner
- Be able to use a range of methods to de-escalate and deal with aggressive and challenging behaviour
- Show increased confidence in dealing with conflict and aggression
- Have practised assertive responses to aggressive approaches
- Recognise that it is essential for workers to look after themselves and be well supported by an organisation
What people said about this course
“It was most helpful seeing how we can be part of the solution, and I enjoyed the group work”
“I will be a lot calmer and will approach clients differently”
“I feel more positive about how I am going to handle aggressive incidents at work”