Successful Facilitation of Group Learning
- The benefits of facilitating learning in groups
- Group agreements
- Principles of active and adult learning
- Cycle of experiential learning
- Brain-based insights about learning
- Growth Mindset
- Anticipating and managing diversity of learning needs
- Role of facilitator in creating a positive learning environment
- Group development and managing group dynamics
- Planning a session
- Training activities and methods
- Feedback and evaluation
The course will include a variety of interactive training exercises with plenty of opportunities for discussion in pairs and groups to explore and develop your understanding and practice and learn new skills.
You will go away with practical tools and good practice resources to help further embed your learning.
- Apply principles of active, adult and brain-based learning to your practice
- Identify different ways to facilitate and support people to learn effectively
- Explain best practice in creating and maintaining a positive group learning environment
- Plan a successful session
- Reflect on the development of your role and practice as a facilitator and what next?
This workshop is appropriate for support workers and peer facilitators who are offering support work in groups or tutor support for recovery college-type initiatives and can be customised to meet your aims and the needs of your service/ initiative. This course benefits from being a minimum of two days.